Friday, December 26, 2008

Here It Goes Again!

Well folks, thanks for being so patient. After a several month long hiatus here I am ready to wander once again.

Tomorrow, Nick will be driving down from the wonderful city of Catonsville, Maryland early early in the morning. After making sure that we are properly geared and that our bikes roll well, my parents (God bless them) will drive us to Currituck, North Carolina from which Nick and I will begin our week-long wayfaring adventure. We will be riding the North Carolina/Virginia border as far as it stays straight, ending in Piney Creek, North Carolina after a beautiful 400 miles. Copied from the great North Carolina Department of Transportation website: "You'll be able to explore areas such as Stone Mountain, Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock State Parks, Hyco Reservoir, Kerr Lake and Lake Gaston Recreation Areas, Merchants Millpond State Park, and the Dismal Swamp and Currituck Sound areas."

I am hesitant to say that I will have internet access, or even indoor shelter for that matter. Thus, please do not expect daily updates from me. I will carry a journal along with a camera and, upon arriving back home, I will post these entries complete with pictures in quick succession.

Have a great New Year's everyone!

1 comment:

Nick said...

fastest 400 miles ever!